Indian railways is building the world’s highest rail bridge over the Chenab River in Jammu and Kashmir. Chenab Bridge, is a man made wonder set to be completed this year. The world’s tallest rail bridge is expected to be tourist spot in itself.
Let’s find out its importance for Jammu & Kashmir’s Tourism and growth
The bridge is being constructed at a height of 359 meters which is 35 meters higher than the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Currently, the world’s highest rail bridge stands tall in China at a height of 274 meters.
- It will provide a vital all-weather link to Kashmir with the rest of the country.
- Improved rail connectivity in the state will bring in huge relief to the people who are suffering on account of frequent breakdown of Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, especially in harsh winters and Unseasonal rain.
- The new bridge will cut travel time to about six and a half hours. Currently, the travel time is around 13-14 hours.
- Rail connectivity will change the lives of the people by promoting trade and tourism sectors.
- Improved rail network will bring in cost effective and ease of travel which will boost tourist arrivals to the Valley. “For visitors, every train ride is a joy ride as the tracks traverse through the most beautiful parts of Kashmir valley,
- It is dream to see Kashmir connected with other parts of the country through a well-laid out network of trains.
- The fruit growers, who along with the Handicraft industry resuscitated economy during turbulent years, will get greater value of their produce and a level-playing field to market their crop because of railways.
- Kashmir has unique things like cuisine and handicrafts to offer and railways will provide a perfect platform to market these.
Upon completion, the 1315-metre-long bridge will link Baramulla to Jammu. Thereby creating another linking route between Jammu and Kashmir.
Stay Tuned for more!