The next man-made wonder? World’s highest railway bridge being built over Chenab will dwarf the Eiffel Tower.
Indian railways is building the world’s highest rail bridge over the Chenab River in Jammu and Kashmir. Chenab Bridge, is a man made wonder set to be completed this year. The world’s tallest rail bridge is expected to be tourist spot in itself.
Let’s find out its importance for Jammu & Kashmir’s Tourism and growth
The bridge is being constructed at a height of 359 meters which is 35 meters higher than the Eiffel Tower in Paris. Currently, the world’s highest rail bridge stands tall in China at a height of 274 meters.
- It will provide a vital all-weather link to Kashmir with the rest of the country.
- Improved rail connectivity in the state will bring in huge relief to the people who are suffering on account of frequent breakdown of Jammu-Srinagar National Highway, especially in harsh winters and Unseasonal rain.
- The new bridge will cut travel time to about six and a half hours. Currently, the travel time is around 13-14 hours.
- Rail connectivity will change the lives of the people by promoting trade and tourism sectors.
- Improved rail network will bring in cost effective and ease of travel which will boost tourist arrivals to the Valley. “For visitors, every train ride is a joy ride as the tracks traverse through the most beautiful parts of Kashmir valley,
- It is dream to see Kashmir connected with other parts of the country through a well-laid out network of trains.
- The fruit growers, who along with the Handicraft industry resuscitated economy during turbulent years, will get greater value of their produce and a level-playing field to market their crop because of railways.
- Kashmir has unique things like cuisine and handicrafts to offer and railways will provide a perfect platform to market these.
Upon completion, the 1315-metre-long bridge will link Baramulla to Jammu. Thereby creating another linking route between Jammu and Kashmir.
Stay Tuned for more!